Winterland / Zimowa kraina


For the first time in my life (except the childhood) I was dreaming of a real Winter. You know what I mean - white snow, a bit of frost, bright sun and crispy air. Unfortunately this dream didn't come true - it is one of the warmest Winters I can remember. So I'm very happy that I made it myself  - welcome to my Winterland!
Po raz pierwszy w życiu (wyjąwszy dzieciństwo) marzyłam o prawdziwej zimie. Wiecie - śnieg, mróz, ostre słońce i trzeszczące powietrze. No cóż, to marzenie się nie spełniło - mamy chyba najcieplejszą zimę jaką pamiętam. Dlatego bardzo się cieszę, że sama sobie zrobiłam zimę - witajcie w Zimowej Krainie!
I started it this past Fall and called "Winter sampler" because I wanted to try all the different ideas for Winter landscapes.
Zaczęłam jesienią i roboczo nazwałam "zimowym samplerem", ponieważ chciałam wypróbować różne pomysły na przedstawienie zimowego krajobrazu.
As you can see it is all hand quilted and embroidered. Took some time but was a pleasure, especially on those grey, wet days.
Jak widzicie, pikowanie i haft ręczny w dużej ilości. Zajęło trochę czasu, ale było przyjemne, zwłaszcza w te szare, brejowate dni.
Please note, that the "laces" are not a real laces but my own stitches pretending to be lace :)
No i uwaga na "koronki", które są tylko haftami udającymi koronki :)
 And the beads - yes, it is heavily beaded too :)
I oczywiście koraliki - tak, dużo koralików :)
Some are hard to see so let's take another look:
Niektóre trudno zauważyć, więc spójrzmy z boku:
Yes, it was fun with no single bore moment - when I was tired with something I could easily jump to another part with different kind of handwork.
Naprawdę bardzo przyjemnie się nad tym pracowało - kiedy tylko czułam zmęczenie jakimś fragmentem, przechodziłam do innego, gdzie czekało coś zupełnie innego.
And here is how it all started:
A taki był początek:
It was fun but it is also good to have it done and move on to Spring!
Fajne to było, ale jeszcze fajniej mieć to skończone i ruszyć ku wiośnie!

Comments

Debbie said…
Gorgeous. Love these winter colors!
Corina said…
wow, I love it!
Jackie PN said…
Gorgeous!! I am so glad you showed other angles with photos because I could not see the beading.
Bozena,your needlework is exquisite! And your winter wonderful looks so inviting!
hugs my friend! xo

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen