Autumn cleaning / Jesienne porządki

The weather is beautiful but the days are so short we can't really enjoy it. Falling leaves are more like carpets than tapestries now. I finished this small wall hanging and it is the last one in a series of leaves.
Pogoda przepiękna, ale coraz krótsze dnie, nie pozwalają się nią nacieszyć. Liście ze ścian koloru zmieniają się w barwne dywany. Skończyłam też swoje i myślę, że to ostatnie w liściowej serii.
I also realized that before I start new projects, I need to make space for them. Literally and mentally. And it is a perfect time for some autumn cleaning - limited daylight makes it less painful to work more on computer or making order on the shelves.
Uświadomiłam też sobie, że zanim zacznę nowe projekty, muszę zrobić na nie miejsce. Dosłownie i w przenośni. I to właśnie idealny czas na jesienne porządki - nie żal słonecznego światła na siedzenie przed komputerem i porządkowanie półek.
I need to think more of where do I want my art to go next year. And what do I want to work on.  The funny thing is, that all these thoughts came to me after the recent workshops.
Muszę się zastanowić, co dalej, w jakim kierunku chciałabym artystycznie pójść w przyszłym roku. I nad czym najbardziej chciałabym poracować? Ciekawe, że te refleksje przyszły do mnie po ostatnich warsztatach w Szkole Patchworku.
The first one was on Medieval initials and the second one about kitchen landscapes:
Na pierwszym szyłyśmy średniowieczne inicjały, na drugim kuchenne krajobrazy:
Besides the technical questions, students ask me about many different aspects of my own works. And some of the answers (my answers!) make me to dig deeper. So I'm going to use these long autumnal evenings as a quality thinking time :)
Ale poza kwestiami czysto technicznymi, słuchaczki zadawały mi mnóstwo pytań na temat moich prac. I niektóre odpowiedzi (moje własne!) zachęciły mnie do głębszych analiz. Myślę, że długie jesienne wieczory nadają się do tego idealnie :)

Comments

Anneczka said…
myślami byłam z wami, nawet mam wydrukowane swoje literki, piękne prace
Lovely stuffs! Thanks for sharing!
Unknown said…
Hi, I am astonished to see such a great art in textile design and creativity. I truly appreciate the idea and the efforts to make it possible and successful and looking for some more in near future.
Thanks.
Best Textiles from India

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen