What colour is my Autumn? / Jakiego koloru jest moja jesień?

It depends. While beading red raspberries I wanted something different to relax my eyes. Little did I know how much different. I had a deep need to stitch something dark and shiny. That's how this "Lake in the forest" came to life.
To zależy. Podczas szycia malin potrzebowałam jakiejś odmiany dla zrelaksowania oczu. Nie przypuszczałam, że aż takiej odmiany. Miałam głęboką potrzebę szycia czegoś ciemnego i z błyskiem. Tak powstało "Jezioro w lesie"
And yes, my eyes were resting during the process. Why? Because it was almost impossible to see anything so I was sewing "from memory".
I naprawdę moje oczy przy nim odpoczywały. Dlaczego? Bo trudno tu było zobaczyć cokolwiek, więc szyłam "z pamięci".
 I used this rich silk jacquard for the background, dupioni silk for the lake and simple black shapes of trees. So when it came to quilting I was just going through imaginary branches.
Tłem jest cudowny jedwabny żakard, jezioro to jedwab typu dupioni, do tego proste czarne drzewa. Gdzy przyszło do pikowania, szyłam po prostu gałęzie drzewa bardziej  z wyobraźni niż tego pod maszyną.
Can you see which one trees are quilted? It is better seen from the back:
Widzicie, które drzewa są wypikowane? Z tyłu będzie łatwiej:
The first 3 trees are quilted. I went this way through all three rows and sticked to the same method for beading.
Pierwsze trzy. I dalej tak samo w kolejnych rzędach, a potem przy koralikowaniu.
And yes, the lower part is filled with small embroidered leaves. It was fun to work without following the exact place for a bead or leaf. But when I finished it (by this time the raspberries were already forgotten) I needed something lighter and more joyful. Let's say something like this:
Tak, w dolnej części są haftowane listki. Bradzo przyjemnie się tak szyje, gdy nie trzeba precyzyjnie pilnować miejsca, w którym koralik ma wylądować. Ale kiedy skończyłam ( a o czerwieni malin już zdążyłam zapomnieć), zapragnęłam czego jaśniejszego i weselszego. Na przykład czegoś w tym rodzaju:
You think I'm crazy, right? Not so, it is just the beauty of working in small formats. Both of the pieces are relatively small - "Lake in the forest" is 16 x 14 inches, "The red tree" is 11 x 14, this way I can switch from mood to mood relatively quick.
Myślicie, ze jestem szalona, prawda? Nie, to po prostu uroda pracy w małym formacie. Obydwie tkaniny są stosunkowo małe - "Jezioro w lesie" ma 40 x 35 cm, a "Czerwone drzewo" 28 x 35, w ten sposób mogę sobie dowolnie skakać po nastrojach.
So it seems that my Autumn longs for dramatic colours. And many small stitches, beads or leaves.
Wygląda więc na to, że moja jesień chce kolorów dramatycznych. I dużo drobnych ściegów, koralików, listków.
Yes, the leaves are 3D. I thought it may be a good thing if some of them will fall with time.
 Tak tak, listki są trójwymiarowe. Pomyślałam sobie, że to nawet fajne jak z czasem jakiś opadnie.
And no, it isn't that the next work has to be black for a change. I have some commissioned trees in the queue and they have to be green :) But to top this post with this dramatic palette I have to show you what a nice dark collection of prints I developed on the "Lake in the forest" idea:
I to nie jest tak, że następne praca znowu dla odmiany będzie czarna. W kolejce już czekają zamówione drzewa i one muszą być zielone :) Ale żeby pozostać w klimacie kolorów dramatycznych, pokażę Wam, jaką ładną kolekcję printów zbudowałam na bazie "Jeziora w lesie":

I won't tire you with my Christmas productions but anyone interested, please stay tuned to the Christmas section of my shop - I keep adding new items big and small.
Nie będę Was męczyć moimi świątecznymi produkcjami, ale jeśli ktoś jest zainteresowany to zapraszam do sekcji Christmas w moim sklepie - ciągle dodaję różne rzeczy większe i mniejsze.


Comments

pasja said…
Kochana jesteś genialna :) piękne prace :)
Goede Sier said…
Your autumn gives me a good feeling! i love your dramatic tree: the coulors are beautiful, but the design with the orange wind is very very attractive and creative.
Carmina said…
Wonderful work, the design is very interesting, the colors are beautiful... I like it!
MADUROpatchwork said…
Ooooo..... Ta słoneczna jesień baaaaardzo mi się podoba, od razu mi cieplej:)) śliczna:)
Jackie PN said…
Your black tree/lake scene is relaxing for the eyes, but your orange paisley piece is stunning as well!
Jackie xo
Sparklyjools said…
I love the contrast in these two pieces. The red tree really says autumn to me - a wonderfully expressive piece!
Tilo said…
To pomarańczowe drzewo jest tak energetyzujące, wspaniałe. Od razu zapragnęłam je mieć. By je kontemplować. Zupełnie poważnie.
Coś niesamowitego!
Frieda Oxenham said…
These are beautiful it feels like we were in the same place even though in different forests. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen