Raspberry Hills / Malinowe wzgórza

So the raspberries aren't that shining but they seem rather strong and powerful (and a bit patriotic considering these are the colors of Polish flag).
Maliny okazały się nie być zbyt świecące, raczej intensywnie czerwone (i zaskakująco patriotyczne).
Another kitchen landscape completed. And I thought it is a good occasion to reveal some details of the whole concept. As you know, I take the pictures of actual foods/veggies and I show them along the textile works. For example, the picture of blueberries and blackberries looked like this:
Kolejny pejzaż kuchenny do kolekcji. Pomyślałam sobie, że to dobra okazja do objaśnienia całej koncepcji. Jak zauważyliście, uszyte smakołyki pokazuję zazwyczaj w towarzystwie zdjęć, na których widać prawdziwe owoce czy warzywa. Na przykład moje jagody i jeżyny wyglądały tak:

Sometimes I make the artwork exactly the same as picture, sometimes differently. What I find interesting is the fact that the first is the kitchen "scene" I see in my mind. Then I look for the "actors" to take a visual note of this idea. When it comes to "translating" it into fabrics, I look at the picture and if I still like this idea I go for it. If my mind is changed I make it differently (because I've got "a better idea"). To simplify - it's not that I took a nice picture and then wanted to sew it. Last year I prepared this scene with pears:
Czasami uszyta praca wygląda tak samo, a czasami nie. Ale to nie jest tak, że robię zdjęcie jakimś produktom i potem staram się je tak uszyć. Punktem wyjścia jest scenka kuchenna, która pojawia się w mojej głowie. Następnie szukam do niej "aktorów", ustawiam ich i robię zdjęcie, które jest formą wizualnej notatki.  Gdy dojrzeję do przełożenia tej scenki na tkaninę, patrzę na zdjęcie - jeżeli nadal pomysł mi się podoba to go szyję, a jak mam jakiś "lepszy" to zmieniam. Jednym słowem - to nie jest tak, że zrobiłam ładne zdjęcie i potem chcę je uszyć. W ubiegłym roku ułożyłam taką scenkę z gruszkami:
Lovely picture, isn't it? In fact it was more about the bowl than the pears. And here we are in the pears' season again and they are so yummy that I decided it is a good moment to come back to this idea and make it into fabrics. Guess what? Now I see it differently:
Zdjęcie ładne, prawda? Tak naprawdę bardziej chodziło mi o miseczkę niż gruszki. A w tym roku, gruszki takie pyszne, że od razu zachciało mi się je szyć. I co? I teraz widzę to trochę inaczej:
It is just the beginning, but you see what I mean. As for the raspberries, I couldn't decide if I want them in cream or as a "mountain" on the plate (as seen HERE).
To dopiero początek, ale widzicie co mam na myśli. A jeśli chodzi o maliny to nie mogłam się zdecydować czy chcę je w śmietanie czy jako "górę" na talerzu (tak jak TUTAJ).
Finally decided on the hills with extra two for a cream :)
Stanęło na wzgórzach, a dwie do śmietanki :)
If you wonder how my eyes react for such a mass beading in red I would say that they are weird - they ask for relax which in this case is... another intense beading but in different colour :)
Jeżeli ciekawi Was jak moje oczy reagują na naszywanie dużej ilości czerwonych koralików to przyznam, że dziwnie - odpoczynku szukają w... dużej ilości koralików innego koloru :)
But my main interest stays in kitchen. I'm getting ready for new workshops at "Szkoła Patchworku" and some kitchen landscapes will be involved. I've also discovered a bigger kitchen project started last year and screaming for my attention. This one was inspired by kitchen utensils:
Ale moje zainteresowania obecnie pozostają w kuchni. Przygotowuję się do nowych zajęć w Szkole Patchworku i kuchenne tematy będą już w październiku (co, gdzie, kiedy sprawdźcie TUTAJ). Przypomniałam sobie też o większej kuchni zaczętej w ubiegłym roku i domagającej się odrobiny uwagi. Tę zainspirowały kuchenne utensylia:
I named it "My Italian kitchen" and would love to have it finished, it's quite promising:
Nazwałam ją "Moja włoska kuchnia" i chętnie miałabym ją już skończoną bo zapowiada się obiecująco:
Does it all look like a total mess? Nooo, at some point all the kitchen dots will be connected. As for now I managed to connect the kitchen with Christmas ornaments - via teapots :)
Czy macie poczucie chaosu? Niepotrzebnie, w pewnym momencie to wszystko razem połączy się w logiczną całość. Na razie połączyłam kuchnię ze świątecznymi ornamentami - za pomocą czajniczków :)

Comments

Sparklyjools said…
This all looks so delicious - I enjoyed reading about your creative process too.
Jackie PN said…
gorgeous and totally yummy looking Bozena!! I find myself singing the Beatles song Strawberry hills Forever- but supplementing Raspberry hills instead!! Delish as always!! xoxo
Ruminianka said…
Jakie masz złote ręce i piękny umysł.Pozdrawiam serdecznie i ciągle podziwiam.Alina

Popular posts from this blog

Botanical laces / Botaniczne koronki

The hen in troubles

Spring is coming to the kitchen